Friday, December 5, 2008

Why doesn't 'G' mean good

Hey blogger fam. Or at least hey Tammy and Janis. Are you wondering about my title? Well, I recently purchased the movie The 12 Dogs of Christmas thinking hey this will be a good one for the whole family. It is pretty good except for one seductive "aunt" and what was implied. For one, she needs to cover up and two, isn't this a kid show. What value did this add to the movie? I know, some think we are over the top strict but why should we subject ourselves voluntarily to some things. It is bad enough to go out in public and see the world but this was supposed to be a G movie. It seems the devil just sneaks junk in because as I said this was a cute show aside from that part. I had Sis. Janis and Hannah over to watch it and fast forwarded that part.

It seems lately we have been having more and more encounters with situations that want us to compromise our standards. We recently experienced one. What is hard is this was a person who was a member of The Church, one who knows where we stand.

Ok enough venting, I want to say I heard some very exciting news today. You know who you are, we are so excited for you:) We had a pretty good day but boy it was chilly. I like snow but I don't like bitter cold. We would have stayed at the house but we met with our homeschool co-op. We were making cards to send recovering soldiers at Walter Reed Med. Center. If any of you want to do the same, I have the address just let me know. Since it is in the states, we don't have to worry about getting it off yesterday. I think this is a great opportunity to support our soldiers who still want to protect our country. Just drop a line to say thanks and we are thinking of you this Christmas.

Please be praying for a great-aunt of mine who is going through some bad health issues. Also, her ex-husband has some serious health issues as well.

I hope this finds you all well, and with that I will sign off. We will see you here, there or in the air.

No comments: