Friday, March 6, 2009

Do you feel bad for me?

Ok Ok after viewing Sis. Janis' blog, do any of you feel any remorse......for his family? I am just kidding, my husband does alot of "interesting" things with his facial hair but this is a first for the top of his head. I learned a long time ago to get over it. After we had been married for a short time he shaved his handle bar mustache, I literrally cried. I can't say this latest thing thrilled me at all but hey what is a girl to do. I do have to say, at least he is a truck driver, meaning he usually has a week before he gets home and time grows hair.

We had an interesting thing happen this week, Rebekah was invited to a birthday pary that had at least 2 elements that we do not do. This was the first experience for Rebekah and Hannah to go against the flow. It has not been easy because so many can say what is wrong with ice skating or what is wrong with swimming. I used to use this arguement as a teen and my mom would say, "What is right with it?" Sometimes it is hard for us adults too. We can justify so many things in life can't we? The men who prayed and created (through Holy Ghost direction )the advice to members were looking out for our souls and Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Believe me, one of these has been a harder thing for me to "get" but I cannot compromise God's standards. God knows all things.

We had co-op class today. Isn't it ironic that it was a class on germs and I woke up feeling very sick. My stomach just turned and twisted accompanied by unpleasant side effects. I made it through class. YIPPEE!!!! Next week one of the mom's volunteered to do a watercolor class, WAHOOOO! The following week a group called the "Cowbelles" is doing a pioneer lunch along with teaching us quilting all set in pioneer timees. Double Yippeee.....The next week we are designing homeschool tshirts with a local printing company. I know I sound as if I don't want to do classes....I do, I just am a bit stressed out. It just hit me, the last week is district convention, I guess we may not be there depending on what time we leave.

Well, was I too serious in today's blog? I hope not Hope you all stay tuned to my borning ol blog. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

1 comment:

connie said...

I hear you, girl. You know if the Church isn't totally submissive to God and our government, then what is different between us and the rest of the church world?

When I was a kid back forty some years ago, we ice skated on the river that ran through our place and then my children ice skated on the lake in our backyard. We didn't know what an ice rink was and I still don't know.

Also I only had one daughter and 4 boys. So when their work was done at fish camp, I would let them play in the water of the river, but they had to wear blue jeans cut off at the knee and a t-shirt and a life jacket. Now if the neighbor kids wanted to swim with my boys, they had to wear modest clothes, or else just go back to their own spot. If Rebekah wanted to swim with the girls, she would have to go to their place. My boys would have to swim alone. No mixed swimming unless ....

I don't think you are too serious. God is serious business. A lot of people just don't understand Him.