Monday, March 2, 2009

Are you crafty?

Sister Janis and I have been trying to come up with great ideas for fundraising to go to camp and convention. We have the opportunity to have a table at a Mother's Day Craft Sale on May 2. Here is our request that maybe y'all will pray about. When it comes to this type of thing, we are small and need help. We were wondering if any of you WONDERFUL ladies could do something crafty to donate for the Church to raise funds. I know some of you stamp, crochet, sew and the like, if you could send something simple it would help relieve some of our stresses. Think and pray about it and then let us know. Either contact Sis. Janis or myself. OK enough begging and pleading:)

We all have camp on the brain right now, the kids cannot wait, we cannot wait. I never knew how much fun camp could be until we went up in Washington when we were there. It was sooooooo much fun, so last year was a first for us. We had never been to this regions family camp. Y'all were supprisingly reserved in comparison to some of the antics we had up yonder but it still was GREAT. Now don't get offended by what I just said, it is just that I have spent alot of time with some of you and I know a wild side. Although, I figured out many stayed up late and played games....maybe this is when you let your hair down. (I didn't figure out that you stayed up late until after camp, we were way up in bull snake country and didn't know the goings on down by the kitchen:) I still can't wait for camp. Please pray with us that we can get the kids to come that came last year in addition to some others on our hearts.

I have been asked to assist with the Craig Prayer Shawl ministry. I had a meeting with the lady that works with the lady prisoners who make the shawls. I then met with the activities director at the local nursing home. Daryl and I will be bringing the shawls in and sharing God's love with the people. I am excited, it gives The Church more contact in the community. Please pray with me about this endevor. To God be the Glory!

Well, I need to probably be researching again. I am doing the lesson on germs and the immune system. Last Friday we had a great field trip to Wyman's Museum. We made butter and watched silent films. It was fun.

Catch y'all on the flip side!!!!

1 comment:

cokelady said...

I love it how you guys are always so busy with cool stuff with the Church and school. :-)

Reading your post made ME excited about Camp! CAN'T WAIT!!! :-) I'll let you know if I think of anything that might help out with your sale... but don't bank on it! Ha! I'm not very good with that kind of thing. If nothing else, I can PRAY for God to bless your efforts!